Healthy Foods Card Benefit
Get a little extra help to buy the foods that can help you get and stay healthy.
To order your SCAN Healthy Foods Card, call 1-877-494-2892 (TTY: 711), 5 a.m. to 8 p.m. PT, Monday-Friday.
Allow two weeks for your card to arrive.
Q: Where can I use my Healthy Foods Card?
Q: What can I buy with my Healthy Foods Card?
Allowed food purchases include:
- Fruits and vegetables – fresh, frozen, and canned
- Prepared food
- Meat, poultry, and fish – fresh and frozen
- Eggs, cheese, milk, and other dairy products
- Beans, bread, cereals, and pasta
- Crackers, nuts, and trail mix
- Nutritional bars
Excluded items are:
- Vitamins and dietary supplements
- Jams, jellies, and syrups
- Soda, juice beverages, punch, and hot cocoa
- Toaster pastries
- Bakery goods, cookies, cake mix, frosting, and sugar
Q: What do I do if I lose my Healthy Foods Card?
Remember, keep your card in a safe place, and do not share it with others.
Q: How do I use my SCAN Healthy Foods Card?
It’s easy. Here is what you need to know:
- Your card is active and ready to use at any participating store.
- Simply swipe it when you check out to pay for your items.
- Your SCAN Healthy Foods Card will cover the cost up to the amount left on your card.
- Any cost that’s over the amount on your card must be paid by you.
- Use the whole $50 during the current quarter; any amount left at the end of the quarter will not roll over.
- Keep your card; it will be reloaded with $50 at the start of each quarter.
- If you lose your card, please call us so we can cancel it and send you a new one.
- You must be a current SCAN member to use this card.
Q: What do I do when I use up all the money on my card?
We'll reload it with another $50 at the start of each quarter (January 1, April 1, July 1, October 1). Be sure to use the full $50 each quarter—anything left will not roll over.
Q: How can I find out how much money is currently on my card?
Over the Counter
Choose from hundreds of products in the over-the-counter catalog for your plan.