Prescription medications are widely used. That’s why we put so much thought into our pharmacy benefits. We understand what matters most: Medication you need at a cost you can afford and programs that help you stay on track.
It’s important to us that it’s always easy for you to fill your prescriptions. That’s why 90% of drugs SCAN members take are $0 at SCAN Preferred Pharmacies.
We understand the importance of taking your medications. So you might hear from SCAN at times with medication tips, refill reminders or an offer to help you manage your medications. We invite you to reach out to us as well. We have a specially trained Member Services team who are experts in your pharmacy benefits and aim to provide you the highest quality of service. Together, we can help optimize your health to be the best it can be.
SCAN Health Plan has more than 66,000 pharmacies in our network for your convenience. Eligible beneficiaries must use network pharmacies to access their prescription drug benefit, except under non-routine circumstances. Quantity limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply.
Refer to your Evidence of Coverage (EOC) document for details. Limitations, copayments and restrictions may apply. The pharmacy network, and/or provider network may change at any time. You will receive notice when necessary. Benefits and/or copayments/coinsurance may change on January 1 of each year.
Filling Prescriptions Outside Our Network
Generally, prescriptions filled at an out-of-network pharmacy will only be covered if an in-network pharmacy isn’t available to you. If you use an out-of-network pharmacy for your medication, you may have to pay more than normal, and you’ll most likely have to pay the full amount when you pick up the prescription. You would then submit a prescription drug claim form to us to receive any reimbursement.
- Documents Relevant to Formulary
- Best Available Evidence (BAE)
- Extra Help for Prescription Drug Costs
- 2024 Medicare Part D Formulary Tiers
- Express Scripts® Pharmacy for Home Delivery of Your Prescription Drugs
- Part D Coverage Determinations and Appeals
- Part D Vaccines
- Part D Enhanced and Excluded Drug Coverage
- Patient Assistance Programs for the Coverage Gap
- Pharmacy Residency Program Last Modified: 3/22/2021
- Pharmacy Tips
- Pharmacy Tips Spanish
- Pharmacy Solutions to Meet Any Need
- Prior Authorization Forms
- Programs to Help Members Manage Medications Safely