What’s in Store for 2024?
It’s time to get familiar with your SCAN benefits for the new year!
Big Name Drugs at Big Savings
New Tier 6! Do you take Eliquis, Xarelto, Entresto, Januvia, Tradjenta, Jardiance or Farxiga? In 2024, these popular brand-name medications are covered on Tier 6 of our formulary (list of covered drugs). Depending on your SCAN plan, you’ll either pay $0 or $11 for a 30-day supply of a Tier 6 drug.*
Insulin savings continue! Depending on your SCAN plan, your insulin copay is either $0 or $25 for a 30-day supply of covered insulin pens and vials at a SCAN Preferred pharmacy ($35 at SCAN Standard pharmacies). And, insulin is covered through the gap (donut hole).**
90% of the drugs members take are available for $0 copay! Most members will pay $0 for Tier 1 and Tier 2 medications when filled at a SCAN Preferred pharmacy†.
Your Fitness Favorites Made Even Better
New One Pass Fitness Benefit! We’re excited to bring One Pass to SCAN members in 2024. If you’re a regular user of your current fitness benefit, chances are you can continue to use your current location—and so many more! Check out all the locations available to you at YourOnePass.com. One Pass includes:
- Gym membership at 25,000+ fitness gyms nationwide, including premium locations like Orangetheory, UFC Gym and Club Pilates
- Thousands of on-demand and live-streaming classes, such as yoga, fall prevention, cycling, strength training and more
- Matching to social and fitness activities in your community
- The BrainHQ brain-health program
Keep in mind that your One Pass benefit takes effect in the new year, and you will need a member code. Mark your calendar to log in to YourOnePass.com for your code on January 1!
Fitbit With Custom SCAN Content!
The Fitbit app works with your Fitbit device and offers personalized tools and premium content for SCAN members. If you have the Fitbit benefit (many SCAN plans do) and haven’t yet ordered a device, 2024 is the year to do it. Or, order now so you’re ready to get started with your New Year’s resolutions on January 1! Go to scanhealthplan.com/fitbit.
SCAN Dental Takes the Bite Out of Dental Costs
Regular dental care matters to your overall health and feeling your best. But dental care can be expensive, especially if left until it becomes an emergency. That’s why many SCAN plans include a dental benefit, while others give you the option to add coverage for a monthly premium amount.
Your coverage will fall into one of these categories, depending on your SCAN plan:
- No dental included; option to add coverage with a dental HMO
- Preventive dental HMO coverage included; option to add more dental HMO coverage
- Comprehensive dental HMO coverage included; no additional options available
- Comprehensive dental HMO coverage included; option to add a dental PPO
Dental HMO plans can make seeing a dentist regularly more affordable, so you’re less likely to find yourself in an emergency. SCAN dental benefits are offered through Delta Dental and include:
- $0 copays for preventive services, like exams and cleanings
- No deductibles. Coverage starts on day one!
- Set copays at deep discounts for hundreds of procedures. No hidden costs or surprises!
- Coverage that lasts all year long
- Choice of dentists from the largest dental network in the country
If you don’t already have an optional dental package or would like to change your dental plan to another available option, you have until February 29, 2024, to add a Delta Dental plan to your SCAN plan for 2024. Call SCAN Member Services for more about the plan options available to you.
Three Things to Know About OTC
- Use your Over-the-Counter (OTC) balance by December 31, 2023. If your SCAN plan includes the OTC benefit, you must use the balance in your allowance by the end of the year. Any remaining balance will not roll over into the new year.
- Your quarterly allowance may change. Please check your ANOC. If your allowance has changed, it will be noted here.
- Some plans will not have rollover in 2024. Starting in January, some SCAN plans will no longer allow your allowance to roll over and add up through the end of the year. Instead, you must spend your quarterly allowance within each quarter. Check your ANOC to see if your plan is making this change.
Where to Find All Your SCAN Plan Details
These are just a few of the highlights offered by many SCAN plans for 2024. Find more info in:
- Your Annual Notice of Changes (ANOC): This notifies you of the changes to your plan for the coming year. You should have received your ANOC in September.
- Your Evidence of Coverage (EOC): This contains complete details about your SCAN plan. Log in to your SCAN online member account to view your EOC. Or view your Evidence of Coverage details here and use the filters to find your plan, preferred language and coverage year (2024).
* Copay may vary by plan/county and may change during the coverage gap. For additional medications on Tier 6, please refer to SCAN’s list of covered drugs (formulary).
** $0 Insulin is available in SCAN Balance (HMO C-SNP) plans. $25 Insulin is available for a 1-month supply in many plans through SCAN Preferred pharmacies. You won’t pay more than $35 for a one-month supply of each insulin product covered by our plan, no matter what cost-sharing tier it’s on. SCAN Formulary insulin pens and vials include Humalog®, Humulin®, Lantus®, Levemir®, Lyumjev®, Soliqua®, Toujeo® and Tresiba®.
† 90% data is based on the CY2022 SCAN’s Part D prescription claims utilization for Tiers 1 and 2.