What are we welcoming you back to? Life! You worked hard to stay safe during the pandemic, and SCAN was there with you. We’ve been working throughout these many months providing the benefits, information and support our members needed to stay healthy and safe.
Now that things are opening up, you can continue to count on SCAN. We’re here to help you get back to the activities you enjoy and that are good for your health. So you can get back to living life to the fullest again.
According to the CDC, if you are fully vaccinated, you can take part in many of the activities that you did before the pandemic. For the latest guidance on masks, vaccines and more, click here.
Tips for Getting Back Safely
Whatever it is you’ve been missing, we encourage you to start getting back to your special people, places and pastimes as soon as you feel comfortable. Doing what’s important to you is good for both your physical and mental health.
Tips for getting back to what you enjoy safely:
- Regularly check the website of your local health department for openings and requirements in your area. If you’re going to be traveling, find out what the restrictions are where you’re headed before you go.
- Continue to take the steps to prevent the spread of illness. It’s no coincidence that there were far fewer cases of the flu during the pandemic than before. Wash your hands often, cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue or the inside of your elbow, clean frequently touched objects and surfaces daily and avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Get vaccinated if you haven’t already. It’s the single best defense available against becoming sick with COVID-19. Plus, the more of us who are vaccinated, the harder it is for new variants of the virus to develop. LEARN MORE
Catching Up on Delayed or Due Care
Most doctors are seeing patients in person again and have safety practices in place to protect you and their staff during your visits.
- If you have new symptoms or other health concerns, call your doctor’s office first for guidance on where and when you need to go for care.
- If you had a routine appointment or follow-up visit postponed due to COVID, call your doctor’s office to see if you can reschedule it now.
- Appointments are likely to go quickly as things continue to open up so the sooner you call to book your appointment, the better.
Catching up on preventive care is especially important. Lab work, cancer screenings, immunizations—these types of care can catch potential health issues early when they can be more easily treated.
Don’t know what you’re due for? Your personal Health Check Record lists the screenings, immunizations and other care recommended for you to get during the year. Your HCR is available in your SCAN online member account. If you don’t have one yet, you can get one HERE.
Visits using your Telehealth benefit: A virtual visit with a Live MD doctor is still a convenient alternative for when you need urgent care. LEARN MORE
Why It’s More Important Than Ever
We know the COVID-19 pandemic made it hard for people to be as active as they should. But now it’s safer to “get physical” again. Whatever your post-pandemic fitness level, there are SCAN benefits that can help you be active and get the most out of your workouts.
Getting back to regular physical activity is especially important now after months of isolation, eating more and moving less. Among its many benefits, regular exercise helps to:
- Improve mood
- Lose weight
- Build strength and improve balance
Be sure to check with your doctor before starting or increasing activity if you are new to exercise or if your health has changed over the past year.
Check out free resources and videos here, including Rally, a great way to get fit and stay connected!