File a Grievance
A “grievance” is a formal process for filing a complaint. If you are unhappy with your care or the service you’ve received, please let SCAN know so we can try to resolve it for you first. If we can’t, or you want to file a formal complaint, please complete the form below. You’ll find more information on the grievance process in your Evidence of Coverage, or call SCAN Member Services to file a grievance by phone.
Examples of Grievances:
- The quality of care you receive from your doctors
- Office waiting times
- The way you were treated by your doctor or office staff
- The condition of the medical offices
- The treatment you receive from SCAN representatives
- Involuntary disenrollment issues
- Any other areas, except those related to coverage or payment (see below)
To file a grievance by mail:
SCAN Health Plan
Attention: Grievance and Appeals Department
PO Box 22644
Long Beach, CA 90801-5644
Please note: If your complaint is about a decision related to coverage of care or payment of services, the grievance process does not apply. Instead, you can file an appeal.
We're happy to help today. Call Member Services:
(855) 650-7226 TTY: 711
Hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week from October 1 to March 31.
From April 1 to September 30 hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. Monday through Friday. Messages received on holidays and outside of our business hours will be returned within one business day.