Preparing for Caregiving
Look below to find resources and tips to help plan for taking on a caregiving role including communication with a medical care team, involving friends and family in caregiving and what to look for in alternative care options.
- AARP Prepare to Care: A Caregiving Planning Guide for Families - Click to visit the site to find guides available for English, Spanish, Chinese, Asian American and LGBT older adults.
- USC Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center- Click desired language below to visit site to find fact and tip sheets on a variety of caregiver issues
- Atlas of Caregiving - Click to visit the site to find tools to assist in planning of family caregiving.
- Communication with health professionals- Click below to find tips and tools to help in preparing for doctor's visits and hospital stays.
- Going to the Doctor
- Before and After Hospital Stay
- Advanced Care Planning - Click to find tools and resources to help you and your loved ones plan ahead