SCAN 헬스플랜이 치과 보장도 제공하나요?
모든 SCAN 플랜은 오리지널 메디케어가 보장하는 예방적 치과 서비스를 제공합니다. 또한, 대부분의 SCAN 플랜은 월별 추가 보험료를 지불하시면 추가 치과 보장에 가입할 수 있는 옵션을 제공하고 있습니다. 추가 치과 보장은 Delta Dental이 제공합니다®.
SCAN Connections(HMO SNP) 및 일부 고용주 단체 플랜 등 몇몇 SCAN 플랜은 일반 혜택의 일부로 치과 보장을 제공하고 있습니다. 일반 혜택에 치과 보장이 포함되어 있는지 알아 보시려면 보장 범위 증명의 4장을 확인하시기 바랍니다.
아직 질문이 있으신가요?
How can I find or change a dentist?
To find a new dentist or change to another one, visit the Delta Dental website. The “Find a Dentist” search tool lets you search by distance, location, dentist name, practice name or keyword. You can choose a different dentist at any time.
Or if it’s easier for you, you can call Delta Dental customer service at 1-855-830-6583.
How do I enroll in one of the supplemental Delta Dental plans?
To request an optional supplemental Delta Dental enrollment form, please contact SCAN Member Services.
If you’re new to SCAN, you can enroll in Delta Dental within two calendar months of your effective date. After we receive your completed dental enrollment form, your dental coverage will start on the first of the following month.
For example, if we receive your completed dental enrollment form on Feb. 15, you can start using your supplemental dental benefits on March 1.
If you’re already a SCAN member and you’re not currently enrolled in a supplemental dental plan, you can enroll in a Delta Dental plan from Oct. 15 to Dec. 31, or within two calendar months from Jan. 1.
I already have a dentist. How can I find out if he or she is a Delta Dental dentist?
Ask your dentist’s office staff if they are part of Delta Dental “DeltaCare” plan. You can also use the “Find a Dentist” search tool on the Delta Dental website or call Delta Dental customer service at 1-855-830-6583.
I haven’t been to the dentist in several years, but my teeth feel fine. Why should I go now?
Although your teeth might look and feel fine, there could be hidden problems that need attention. This is why many people who haven’t been to the dentist in a while are surprised when a checkup shows they need additional dental work beyond a cleaning, which can be expensive.
Outside of daily care, the best way to avoid bigger, more expensive and painful dental problems is to see your dentist regularly.
I’ve changed my mind and don’t want the dental benefit anymore. How can I disenroll from Delta Dental?
You can cancel your supplemental dental coverage at any time. Canceling your dental coverage will not disenroll you from your SCAN plan.
Please mail a signed letter requesting disenrollment to:
SCAN Health Plan
ATTN: Member Services
3800 Kilroy Airport Way, Suite 100
Long Beach, CA 90806
Your letter needs to clearly state that you wish to disenroll from the Delta Dental benefit. Be sure to also include your printed name and SCAN member ID number (located on your SCAN member ID card).
You can also contact SCAN Member Services to ask for a disenrollment form:
- After we receive your form, disenrollment will start on the first of the following month. For example, if we receive your disenrollment form on July 15, your dental coverage will stop on Aug. 1.
- If we receive your disenrollment form after the last day of the month, you’ll need to pay your dental premium for the following month. So, if we receive your disenrollment form on Aug. 1, you’ll still need to pay your dental premium for August.
- If you do not pay your supplemental dental premium, we may disenroll you from your Delta Dental plan. However, you’ll still be enrolled in SCAN and will not lose your SCAN benefits.
I’ve lost my Delta Dental member ID card. How can I get a new one?
If you have a Delta Dental online account and want a member ID card for your records, just log into your account and print an ID card.
If you haven’t registered for your Delta Dental online account, click here and follow the instructions for signing up. Once you’ve registered, you can print an ID card.
If it’s easier for you, you can also ask for an ID card by calling Delta Dental customer service at 1-855-830-6583.
My dentist recommended an expensive procedure that I’m not even sure I need. What can I do?
Ask your dentist if there’s a less expensive procedure option available.
You have the right to refuse any procedure – whether it’s included in your Delta Dental benefits or not – for any reason.
If you’re not sure about a procedure your dentist says you need, call Delta Dental and ask if they’ll authorize a second opinion.
Once I’m enrolled, where can I find my Delta Dental benefits?
Delta Dental will mail you a welcome kit that includes a benefit booklet. The benefit booklet lists all the covered services by a code, description and copayment.
If you have questions about your Delta Dental benefit booklet, call Delta Dental at 1-855-830-6583.
What are the supplemental Delta Dental plan options? What does each plan offer?
For the supplemental Delta Dental coverage, there are two plans to choose from. The monthly premiums and copayment amounts are different, but both cover preventive services, like exams, cleanings and X-rays. To learn more about your supplemental Delta Dental plan choices, please contact SCAN Member Services or visit the Delta Dental website.
What if I change my mind and want to re-enroll in the dental benefit again?
You may re-enroll in the dental benefit again during the next annual enrollment period, which runs from Oct. 15 to Dec. 7 each year, or within 60 days of Jan. 1.
What if I don’t want dental coverage or already have dental coverage through another insurer? Do I have to have supplemental dental coverage through Delta Dental?
No, supplemental dental coverage is optional and signing up for a Delta Dental plan is completely up to you.
What if I have more questions?
If you have more questions about Delta Dental, visit their website or call Delta Dental customer service at 1-855-830-6583 (TTY: 711). Delta Dental’s customer service hours are Monday through Friday, from 5 a.m. to 6 p.m.
What will happen at my first visit to a Delta Dental office?
It’s important that you feel comfortable with those providing your dental care, which is why we recommend making your first visit an evaluation appointment. During this appointment, the dentist will only examine your teeth and go over a recommended treatment plan with you. This way, you can meet the dentist and the office staff before deciding if you’d like to make a follow-up appointment for a cleaning or any recommended procedures.
If you choose to skip the evaluation appointment, you can expect the following during your first office visit:
- You’ll fill out new patient forms.
- You’ll be given a full, comprehensive exam. This may or may not include a routine cleaning. Your first cleaning is sometimes done during a follow-up appointment.
- Based on the results of your exam, your dentist will talk to you about the treatment plan that he or she feels is best for you. The treatment plan is a list of all dental care (procedures) your dentist feels you need. You’ll review costs and decide what to do next:
- If any emergency care is needed, that will be listed first.
- Your dentist may recommend a procedure(s) that isn’t covered as part of your Delta Dental benefits. If you’re concerned about the cost, ask your dentist to list the procedures in order of importance. That way, you can better understand and plan for your expenses.
- Your dentist cannot provide procedures that aren’t included in your Delta Dental benefit plan without written consent (your signature).
- You have the right to refuse any procedure – whether it’s included in your Delta Dental benefits or not – for any reason.
Who provides the supplemental dental coverage for SCAN?
SCAN works with Delta Dental to offer supplemental dental coverage.
Will I get a Delta Dental member ID card?
Yes. Delta Dental will send you an ID card along with your welcome kit.