What is Medicare Advantage?
SCAN Health Plan is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plan for people with Medicare. Keeping seniors healthy and independent has been our mission for over 45 years, and it’s the very reason people continue to choose SCAN today.
Click here to search for Doctors in your area to see if they are included in a SCAN plan.
Click here to search for your prescriptions so you can see which are included in a SCAN plan.
When can you enroll in Medicare?
You have an initial 7-month Medicare enrollment period when you first become eligible for Medicare. The 7-month enrollment period includes:
- 3 months before the month of your 65th birthday
- The month you turn 65
- The 3 months after your 65th birthday
How do I get my Medicare card or number?
Special Enrollment Periods
Original Medicare: Is it enough?
If you’re considering Original Medicare for your coverage, it’s important to know that Medicare alone may not provide all the coverage that fits your needs. While this option provides you with flexibility in your choice of doctors, specialists and hospitals, you are financially responsible for some benefits and services. For example:
- Not all benefits are covered, including ones such as eyeglasses, gym membership and most prescription drugs
- You pay a deductible for some services
- Expect to pay as much as 20% in out-of-pocket coinsurance for most medical costs
Medicare supplemental insurance and Part D plans
What if I’m still working?
What you can expect with SCAN
All-in-one coverage with many cost-saving benefits and extras.
Along with low maximum out-of-pocket costs and no deductibles, our Medicare Advantage plans may include many extra benefits beyond Original Medicare, including:
- $0 Copay for Preferred Generic
and Generic drugs1
- $0 Vision exams plus eyewear allowance
- Dental coverage available for preventive and comprehensive services.
- 24/7 telehealth, plus other virtual care benefits
- Quarterly Over-the-Counter allowance
- $0 gym membership
- Worldwide urgent and emergency care coverage
- $0 Transportation coverage
And much more!
Ready to chat with us?
Speak with SCAN about your Medicare needs. We’ll answer your questions and find a plan based on your needs.Call us to learn more: (855) 474-7226 TTY: (888) SCAN-TTY
1$0 Copay for Preferred Generic and Generic drugs available at SCAN Preferred pharmacies and with mail-order only.