Through our partnership with MedArrive and Falck/Care Ambulance Service, we vaccinated over 150 homebound members and their caregivers.
SCAN’s Response to COVID-19
SCAN is committed to keeping our members and the seniors we serve healthy and independent – and never was that more important than during the COVID-19 global pandemic.
Below you’ll find pictures, videos and other illustrations of how SCAN responded to the health crisis with a range of services and support that built on our 40-plus years of meeting the unique needs of seniors.
- SCAN allocated more than $5 million in emergency funding through our Independence at Home program to support COVID relief for seniors across California
- SCAN staff made over 160,000 calls to members to check on their health needs
- SCAN provided over 30,000 meals to approximately 1,300 members
- SCAN made 100,000 calls and sent 75,000 e-mails to inform members about vaccine opportunities
- SCAN conducted outreach to 200+ long term care facilities to make sure they had established protocols for vaccinating SCAN members
- SCAN conducted TeleTalk events about vaccines and the virus with over 30,000 members reached