Our mission at SCAN is to help all our members be healthy and independent with the care and services that meet their individual health needs. But we know that people in the LGBTQ+ community haven’t always been able to count on getting the kind of personalized care needed for their best health and wellbeing. As a SCAN member, we want you to know that you can count on us for:
- Benefits that can support your health and wellness goals, like our Included LGBTQ+ benefit
- Information and resources that can empower you to participate more fully in your healthcare
SCAN has introduced a plan geared to the needs of the LGBTQ+ Community
SCAN now offers SCAN Affirm Partnered with Included LGBTQ+ Health (HMO), a pioneering, first-of-its-kind Medicare Advantage plan exclusively for LGBTQ+ older adults, available in Los Angeles and Riverside Counties. Click here to learn more about the plan and see if it’s right for you.
Questions? We’re here to help.
SCAN Member Services
(800) 559-3500 TTY: 711
You and Your Doctor
You deserve the best possible care. Being open with your doctor is key to getting it.
Finding an LGBTQ+ Friendly Doctor
These steps can help you find a doctor you feel both comfortable with and confident in.
Mental health is an important part of your physical health.
SCAN benefits include coverage for mental health services. In addition, there are several mental health hotlines dedicated to serving the LGBTQ+ community:
- SAGE LGBT hotline: 1-877-360-LGBT (5428); online at sage.usa/sageconnect
- LGBT National Help Center hotline: 1-888-843-4564; online at email@example.com
- Trans Lifeline: (877) 565-8860