What is Medicare Advantage?
SCAN Health Plan is a not-for-profit Medicare Advantage plan for people with Medicare. Keeping seniors healthy and independent has been our mission for 45 years, and it’s the very reason people continue to choose SCAN today.
When can you enroll in Medicare?
You have an initial 7-month Medicare enrollment period when you first become eligible for Medicare. The 7-month enrollment period includes:
- 3 months before the month of your 65th birthday
- The month you turn 65
- The 3 months after your 65th birthday
Special Enrollment Periods
Original Medicare: Is it enough?
If you’re considering Original Medicare for your coverage, it’s important to know that Medicare alone may not provide all the coverage that fits your needs. While this option provides you with flexibility in your choice of doctors, specialists and hospitals, you are financially responsible for some benefits and services. For example: Original Medicare: Is it enough?
- Not all benefits are covered, including ones such as eyeglasses, gym membership and most prescription drugs
- You pay a deductible for some services
- Expect to pay as much as 20% in out-of-pocket coinsurance for most medical costs
Medicare supplemental insurance and Part D plans
What you can expect with SCAN
More savings, coverage and extras.
Along with low maximum out-of-pocket costs and no deductibles, our Medicare Advantage plans may include many other cost-saving benefits:
- No to low-cost Primary Care, Specialists and Hospital stays
- Comprehensive Dental coverage
- Low-cost Prescription drug coverage
- 24/7 telehealth, plus other virtual care benefits
- Vision coverage and allowances for eyewear
- Quarterly over-the-counter coverage
- Free gym membership and technology health tools
- Routine acupuncture and chiropractic benefits for most plans
And much more!
Medicare Information Brochure
Our “Things You Need To Know About Medicare” is a reference guide that explains how Original Medicare and Medicare Advantage plans compare to SCAN Health Plan.
Enroll today so you can take advantage of our many benefits and exceptional service. You can enroll online, by phone or through the mail.
Ready to chat with us?
Speak with SCAN about your Medicare needs. We’ll answer your questions and find a plan based on your needs.
Call us to learn more: (866) 813-1725 TTY: 711