Frequently Asked Questions
Here’s where you’ll find our most up-to-date information on health plan benefits, printable provider directories, claims and enrollment forms, and more.
Please note: You may need to install Adobe Acrobat Reader to view these documents on your desktop computer. You can get it here.
- Are there ways that I can save money on my medications?
- Does SCAN cover annual physical exams?
- Does SCAN Health Plan offer dental coverage?
- How do I change doctors?
- How do I go paperless?
- How do I know which pharmacy to use to fill my prescriptions?
- How do I send my payment?
- How will I know if the drug I’ve been prescribed is covered by SCAN?
- I have diabetes. Can I get my blood sugar testing supplies and blood glucose monitor covered by SCAN?
- I lost my SCAN ID card. How can I get a replacement?
- If I travel outside the SCAN service area and need emergency care, what should I do?
- Is the flu shot available at all pharmacies?
- I’m a new SCAN member. When will I get my ID card?
- I’m going on vacation and want to refill my prescriptions before I leave, but the pharmacy says it’s too early to refill them. What should I do?
- My friends are interested in joining SCAN. What should I tell them to do?
- My SCAN plan offers non-emergency transportation benefits. How do I arrange for a ride?
- The county I live in has a monthly premium. How will I be billed, and how do I pay it?
- What does the information on my billing statement mean?
- What should I do if I receive a bill for covered services?
- What’s the largest supply of prescription drugs I can get at one time?
- Why does SCAN’s banking portal take me to U.S. Bank’s website?