Getting Needed Care
CAHPS Asks Patients
In the last six months:
- How often was it easy to get appointments with specialists?
- How often was it easy to get the care, tests or treatment you needed through your health plan?
- Educate your patients about the referral process.
- Make alternative access methods available to patients, such as a nurse advice line, patient portal and urgent care locations.
- Ensure there are open appointments for patients recently discharged from a facility.
- For urgent specialty appointments, office staff should help coordinate with the appropriate specialty office.