Attention SCAN Members
Areas impacted: Portions of Ventura and Los Angeles counties
To SCAN members living in areas of Southern California affected by a wildfire:
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
- For non-life threatening care, please contact your primary care doctor (listed on your SCAN ID card), or call SCAN Member Services at 1-800-559-3500 (TTY: 711.) and we will help you get the care you need. Member Services is currently available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week.
SCAN has made a series of temporary changes due to the State of Emergency and mandatory evacuation orders declared in areas of California. If you are unable to access care from your regular SCAN doctors due to issues related to these fires, please know:
- You may receive medically necessary services from any available Medicare-certified provider or facility. This includes providers and facilities outside the medical group you’re assigned to with SCAN.
- You do not need to obtain a prior authorization from your medical group or SCAN in order to receive medically necessary services. Please be sure to use only Medicare-certified providers and facilities. You may do this by asking the provider or facility whether it participates in the Medicare Program, which it must do to be Medicare-certified.
- You will pay the same amount for receiving care from out-of-network Medicare-certified providers and facilities as you would pay for receiving the same services through your regular medical group.
SCAN has also made temporary changes to allow members affected by these wildfires to continue to access their necessary medications.
Once the declared State of Emergency and mandatory evacuation orders in these areas are removed, the temporary changes stated above will also end. Please check the SCAN website regularly for updates during this time.
SCAN Health Plan is committed to supporting you and your family. We are taking actions to promptly respond to these wildfires in order to help serve our members, providers and communities. We are sorry for any loss and hardship you and your family may be experiencing.
Please contact Member Services at 1-800-559-3500 (TTY users should call 711) for more information.
Member Services hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., seven days a week through March 31.
Starting April 1, Member Services will be available Monday through Friday.
Updated: November 9, 2018