Attention SCAN Members
Areas impacted: San Bernardino County
To SCAN members living in San Bernardino County or who have otherwise been affected by the recent earthquakes in the Ridgecrest area:
- If you are experiencing a medical emergency, please call 911 or go to your nearest hospital emergency room.
- For non-life threatening care, please contact your primary care doctor (listed on your SCAN ID card), or call SCAN Member Services at 1-800-559-3500 (TTY: 711) and we will help you get the care you need. Member Services is currently available 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.
SCAN has made a series of temporary changes due to the State of Emergency declared by the Governor of California on July 6 due to the earthquakes impacting San Bernardino County. If you are unable to access care from your regular SCAN doctors due to issues related to these earthquakes, please know:
- You may receive medically necessary services from any available Medicare-certified provider or facility. This includes providers and facilities outside the medical group you are assigned to with SCAN.
- You do not need to obtain a prior authorization from your medical group or SCAN in order to receive medically necessary services. Please be sure to use only Medicare-certified providers and facilities. You may do this by asking the provider or facility whether it participates in the Medicare Program, which it must do to be Medicare-certified.
- You will pay the same amount for receiving care from out-of-network Medicare-certified providers and facilities as you would pay for receiving the same services through your regular medical group.
SCAN has also made temporary changes to allow members affected by the earthquakes to continue getting access to their necessary medications.
Once the declared State of Emergency and mandatory evacuation orders in this area is removed, the temporary changes stated above will also end. Please check the SCAN website regularly for updates during this time.
SCAN Health Plan is committed to supporting you and your family. We are taking actions to promptly respond to these earthquakes in order to help serve our members, providers and communities. We are sorry for any loss and hardship you and your family may be experiencing.
Please contact Member Services at 1-800-559-3500 (TTY users should call 711) for more information. Member Services hours are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Friday.