Community & Health Resources
Category: Information & Resources
These are the organizations and websites we turn to for comprehensive and reliable information and referrals.
In addition to the benefits you have through your SCAN health plan, we are pleased to offer you special discounts on some product and services through the SCAN Discount Marketplace
Utility Assistance Programs:
- SoCal Gas® Assistance Programs - If you're having trouble paying your gas bill, the customer assistance programs may be able to help.
- SoCal Gas® - Medical Baseline Allowance- Provides additional gas for people with certain medical conditions.
- SoCal Gas®California Alternate Rates for Energy (CARE)- Provides additional gas for people with certain medical conditions.
- Edison- Energy Savings Assistance Program- Can help income-qualified conserve energy and save money.
- Alzheimer's Association
Excellent information and support for both caregivers and those diagnosed with memory loss. National Helpline: 800-272-3900
- Area Agency of Aging
A key source of information for all types of services for older people in every state.
- Dial 211 on your phone for information about services in your area.
Local governments have created this easy way to get information by phone about local services.
National Alliance for the Mentally Ill & Their Families
Very informative website for mental illness issues affecting people of all ages. 800-950-6264
Regional - California:
- Caregiver Resource Center of Orange County
800-542-8312 or 714-446-5030
- Coast Caregiver Resource Center
(Ventura, Santa Barbara and San Luis Obispo Counties)
800-443-1236 or 805-962-3600
- Family Caregiver Alliance
(San Francisco, Alameda, San Mateo, Santa Clara, Contra Costa and Marin Counties)
415-434-3388 or 800-445-8106
- Grandparents as Parents
(Los Angeles County)
818-264-0880 or 310-839-2548
- Inland Caregiver Resource Center
(Inyo, Mono, Riverside, and San Bernardino Counties)
800-675-6694 or 909-514-1404
- Los Angeles Caregiver Resource Center
(Los Angeles County)
- Southern Caregiver Resource Center
(San Diego and Imperial Counties)
858-268-4432 or 858-268-7816