These caregiver agencies offer a point of entry for caregiving families.
24 Hour a day Helpline; Care planning assistance by phone and in person; Training for professionals and family; Support groups; Educational materials –books, journals, videos and audiotapes; Early Stage Memory Loss programs.
1-800-272-3900 (days) Helpline 1-800-660-1993 (24/7)
Caregiver Resource Centers offer specialized information, family consultation, support groups, referrals to legal and financial counseling, respite.
Caregiver Resource Center (Los Angeles County)
- 24 hour toll-free helpline
- Easy to use. My Community page allows you to locate programs, services and support groups in your area.
- Excellent information for both caregivers and those diagnosed with memory loss.
1-800-540-4442 (several local offices)
3715 McClintock Avenue
Los Angeles, CA 90089-0191
Caregiver Resource Center of Orange (Orange County)
St. Jude Centers for Rehabilitation and Wellness
2767 E. Imperial Hwy., 2nd Floor
Brea, CA 92821
Inland Caregiver Resource Center (Inyo, Mono, Riverside, San Bernardino counties)
1420 East Cooley Drive, Suite 100
Colton, CA 92324
Caregiver Resource Center (Ventura,Santa Barbara, San Luis Obispo counties)
1528 Chapala Street, Suite 302
Santa Barbara, CA 93101
Southern Caregiver Resource Center (San Diego, Imperial)
3675 Ruffin #230
San Diego, Ca. 92123
Family Caregiver Alliance, San Francisco, Ca.
Other specialized agencies
NAMI (National Alliance for the Mentally Ill & their Families)
- Very informative website
- Many good publications available in Spanish and Chinese.
Grandparents as Parents, Inc
- Very informative website for mental illness issues, not specific to seniors.
- Excellent web site
- Lots of referral numbers for counties (emergency and hotlines)
- Offers support groups, advocacy/intervention, crisis counseling
- Free newsletter, either by mail or e-mail.
- Easy to use for seniors.